Residential Trash & Recycling Services
CITYWIDE TRASH SERVICE
Effective January 1, 2016, curbside trash service will be mandated for all single-family homes in the City of Lovejoy. This excludes mobile homes and apartments. Curbside trash service will continue with the current approved service provider, Green for Life Environmental formerly known as Waste Industries.
The cost of this service is $168/Year ($14/Month) and will be added to the 2016 property tax bills. (To pre-pay for this service, download the Sanitation Fee Pre-Pay form (PDF). While service begins January 1st, property owners will not be billed until Fall, 2016.
Service Day Change:
Lovejoy Residents! Green For Life will be changing sanitation collection day to Thursday and Friday. Expected to go in effect the week of June 1st. (Notices will be mailed out as well).
Sanitation service includes:
- Weekly curbside trash pick-up
- Bi-weekly recycling
- Monthly Bulk Pick Up
Monthly Bulk Pick-Up:
- First Wednesday of each month
- Each pickup must be requested – minimum 24 hr. notice
- Maximum: 3 items (Does not include: construction debris, yard waste, or over-sized items such as hot tubs)
- 18 Gallon containers will be available upon request for any resident that wishes to participate in Waste Industries’ recycling program.
- To request a container contact GFL Environmental.
- Pickups are bi-weekly and Waste Industries’ single stream recycling makes it easy to participate.
- Anyone abusing the recycling program will face consequences.
- This includes pillaging through bins sitting on the curb as well as using recycling bins for trash.
- There is no additional cost to participate in recycling.
- Pickup is bi-weekly on Thursdays. Lovejoy residents are "B" (Blue) pickup
- If you have paid for service past January 1, 2016, contact Waste Industries to request a refund.
- If you do not currently have trash service, contact Waste industries to receive a trash receptacle.
- If you wish to participate in recycling, contact Waste Industries to request a recycle bin.
- Seniors 65 & Older and Disabled Veterans exempt from property taxes are also exempt from sanitation fees. Exemptions must be filed each year, must be homeowner and resident at the address.