If you own a business in the City of Lovejoy, you are required to have a current occupational tax certificate in order to conduct business within city limits. Below are some items we recommend each business should look into to ensure your business is in compliance with City Ordinances.

1. Before applying for a business license, all commercial businesses are required to confirm that your business location is in the proper zoning district for your type of business. Please complete a Zoning Verification Application prior to the submission of the Occupational Tax Certificate. This will help reduce applications denied due to improper zoning.

2. Complete and submit all required forms and documentation to Lovejoy City Hall to obtain your Occupational Tax Certificate. To acquire an occupational tax certificate please follow the instructions below. See below for a list of items needed to complete an occupational tax certificate application.

3. All businesses are subject to a Personal Property Tax, assessed by Clayton County. Personal Property Taxes are billed by the County and the City annually.

4. All information provided in this application (with the exception of Gross Receipts) is subject to an Open Records Request and may be viewed by the public.

Business License Application

  • Commercial locations, Residential Day Cares, and Personal Care Homes: must submit a zoning verification prior to submitting your business license application

Zoning Verification Request

Clayton County Fire & Emergency Services - Inspection Request

  • You must have completed all inspections and approvals with Clayton County Community Development prior to your final Fire Marshal’s Office inspection for Certificate of Occupancy/Completion.
  • Once approved, submit your approval form to the City of Lovejoy Business License Department

Business License Renewal Application

  • Once your renewal form is submitted, you will be contacted with an invoice and notified of any outstanding documents, etc.

Affidavit for Business Closure

  • The business closure form must be completed and notarized upon completion of business or change of business location 

Beer and Liquor License Application



Lovejoy City Hall 

2296 Talmadge Road

Hampton, GA 30228


Lovejoy City Hall - Business License Department 

P.O. BOX 220

Lovejoy, GA 30228