- City Clerk
- Business Licenses
If you own a business in the City of Lovejoy, you are required to have a current occupational tax certificate in order to conduct business within city limits. Below are some items we recommend each business should look into to ensure your business is in compliance with City Ordinances.
1. Before applying for a business license, all businesses are required to confirm that your business location is in the proper zoning district for your type of business. Please complete a Zoning Verification Application prior to the submission of the Occupational Tax Certificate. This will help reduce applications denied due to improper zoning.
2. Complete and submit all required forms and documentation to Lovejoy City Hall to obtain your Occupational Tax Certificate. To acquire an occupational tax certificate please follow the instructions below. See below for a list of items needed to complete an occupational tax certificate application.
3. All businesses are subject to a Personal Property Tax, assessed by Clayton County. Personal Property Taxes are billed by the County and the City annually.
4. All information provided in this application (with the exception of Gross Receipts) is subject to an Open Records Request and may be viewed by the public.
Payments can be made in person at Lovejoy City Hall, by mail or online - following the Credit Card Authorization Form
- Commercial locations, Residential Day Cares, and Personal Care Homes: must submit a zoning verification prior to submitting your business license application
- View the Business License Checklist to make sure all required items are completed prior to submitting your application
- Applications must be originals or a scanned original. Photos of applications will not be accepted
Zoning Verification - ALL BUSINESS MUST SUBMIT A ZONING VERIFICATION
- There is a $40.00 fee that must be paid with the submission. Payments can be made online with the following link Credit Card Authorization Form . Once your application is complete, please email your Zoning Verification Request to email@example.com
Clayton County Fire & Emergency Services
- You must have completed all inspections and approvals with Clayton County Community Development prior to your final Fire Marshal’s Office inspection for Certificate of Occupancy/Completion.
- Once approved, submit your approval form to the City of Lovejoy Business License Department
Business License Renewal
Business License Renewal Application
- Once your renewal form is submitted, you will be contacted with an invoice and notified of any outstanding documents, etc.
Business License Affidavit
Authorization to Operate Business
Affidavit for Business Closure
- The business closure form must be completed and notarized upon completion of business or change of business location
Beer and Liquor License
Beer and Liquor License Application
Grand Opening/Ground Breaking
PAYING YOUR INVOICE
Once your application is approved, and you receive an invoice. Payments can be made in person at Lovejoy City Hall (2296 Talmadge Road) , by mail (P.O. Box 220, Lovejoy, GA 30250), or on online. To make the payment online, click here .
Payments accepted include: Check, Cash, Credit Cards, and Money Orders.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Lovejoy City Hall
2296 Talmadge Road
Hampton, GA 30228
Lovejoy City Hall - Business License Department
P.O. BOX 220
Lovejoy, GA 30228