Facts About Lovejoy
- Located on Tara Boulevard (Hwy 19/41) ten minutes from the Atlanta Motor Speedway and 30 minutes from Atlanta, GA, residents of Lovejoy enjoy the best of two worlds. View Lovejoy City Map.
- Secluded in Georgia’s natural beauty with a playground and old town historical values, Lovejoy is only minutes away from a burgeoning business community.
- With a population of over 6,000 hospitable residents, the Mayor and Council are continuously searching for ways to improve the quality of life for its citizens, and look forward to welcoming new arrivals. To ensure the quality of life we all seek, Lovejoy welcomes it new police department.
- Lovejoy ranks #48 out of 68 by population living in incorporated places with a population of 6,422. We rank HIGHER then Hapeville (6,373), Stone Mountain (5,802), Locust Grove (5,402), and Lithonia (1,924) to name a few.
- Of the 12 cities whose population grew by 100% or more from 2000-2010, Lovejoy ranks #8. We sit higher then Woodstock, Fairburn, Locust Grove, and Nelson, but lower then Stockbridge and McDonough (who sit at the #6 and #7 spots). Braselton had the highest rate of growth with 522.8%. They went from 1,206 in 2000 to 7,511 in 2010.
- Of the 13 cities that LOST population, 3 of those cities are in Clayton County (Lake City, Forest Park, and College Park).
- By ethnic make-up, Lovejoy has 874 Whites (down by 686 from 2000), 4,475 Blacks (up by 3,640 from 2000), 42 Asians (up by 28 from 2000), and 874 Hispanics (up by 813 from 2000).
- Through our annexations, we experienced a 12% increase in our city boundaries.
- Lovejoy is blessed with a magnet for development and smart growth. Business centers minutes away from local residents include stores such as Home Depot, McDonalds, KFC, Ikea, and Wal-Mart.
- Lovejoy has direct access to I-75 and the Clayton County Transit System.
- A newcomer to the City of Lovejoy will find quality lifestyle in housing. We offer new homes, townhomes, and apartments. Residents of Lovejoy enjoy the convenience of four public schools: Kemp Elementary, River’s Edge Elementary, Lovejoy Middle School, and Lovejoy High School, one regional library, Green Park, and a state of the art athletic facility (The Gerald Matthews Complex). There are several churches in the city, a walking trail, a workout facility (24/7 Snap Fitness) for those health conscience citizens, restaurants, and shopping just to name a few.
- The City of Lovejoy has a Mayor and Council (four Council Members) and a City Manager who handles the day-to-day operations of the City. The Mayor and Council are elected for four-year terms in a citywide election.